These stuffed mushrooms will serve as a fantastic light meal or hearty side.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (5-6″ diameter) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- low fat cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
Instructions For the Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prepare the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
- Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with basil.