If you’re a fan of the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich, these Pork Banh Mi burgers are a MUST try.
Tools Needed – A grill or large cast-iron skillet. A sharp knife. A large mixing bowl.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Calories: 550
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
Sriracha Mayo Ingredients
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
Instructions for the Pork Banh Mi Burger
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for pork meat patties until fully combine and separate into 4 equal parts. Using your hands, carefully form each patty until even in thickness all the way around is achieved and set aside. You want it about ⅓” thick.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for sriracha mayo and whisk until smooth. Can be made ahead and stored for up to a week.
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat. Add pork patties to the grill and allow to cook without moving for 5 minutes. Flip the patties and repeat with the other side. If the meat isn’t cooked through, flip every minutes until cooked to avoid burning. If you don’t have a grill heat a large cast iron skillet over medium/high heat and coat lightly with sesame oil. Working in batches of two add prepared pork patties to the skillet and cook without moving until edges begin to crisp. About 5 minutes. Flip and repeat with the other side. If the patties aren’t cooked through flip every minutes until done to avoid burning. Continue with the remaining patties and set aside.
- To prepare the burgers toast the brioche buns in the toasted or under a low broil in the oven. Add sriracha mayo to both sides of the bun and top with the pork patty, cucumbers, jalapeños, cilantro and plenty of pickled vegetables. Serve immediately.