From the water to the grill. These grilled scallops will be an absolute crowd favorite at your next get-together.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 6 mins | Calories: 175
- 20 sea scallops, large
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 skewers (if using wooden, presoaked in warm water for 1 hour)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions For the Grilled Scallops
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika and salt. Whisk until honey dissolves. Set aside.
- Place the scallops and the marinade in a large ziplock bag, seal it shut and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for the hour that the scallops are marinating.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Cover the grill so the grates get hot.
- Remove the scallops from the refrigerator, slide 4-5 each onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a silicone brush, oil the grill grates with extra oil.
- Place the skewered scallops on the grill at an angle (if you want pretty diagonal grill marks).
- Cook scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side.